An FHA loan, offered by the government and insured by the Federal Housing Administration, is a good option for many first-time home buyers because it generally has a much lower down payment requirement, as little as 3.5% of the purchase price.
- Competitive rates
- More flexibility in qualifying
- Refinancing options available
- 15- and 30-year fixed rate mortgages for purchase or refinance; adjustable rate mortgages 1/3 and 3/1
There is mortgage help available if you, or your spouse, are eligible veterans, active reservists, or active duty military personnel. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) guarantees loans for eligible military personnel. These are 30-year mortgages with zero down payment and no private mortgage insurance required. They can also be assumed by other eligible veterans.
If you are purchasing or refinancing a home, our new VA mortgage program is another reason to choose Wright-Patt for your loan needs:
- 100% Financing
- Seller Concessions
- No Pre-Payment Penalty
- No Private Mortgage Insurance
- Owner Occupied (the home financed is being occupied by the mortgage borrower)
- Assumable Loans (when the home buyer takes over the obligation of the seller without any change in the terms of the new loan)
- Manufactured Homes
Check out the information on the VA website to find out how to get a certificate of eligibility.
You can always contact one of our friendly, knowledgeable Mortgage Originators to find out more. They will help you find the right mortgage for you.
*FHA financing offered through Wright-Patt Credit Union, Inc.